Wednesday 22 December 2010

Feet to the Beat!!

Well this week is the first week of me being officially in training for the Virgin London Marathon. Today was my first day. It didn't go quite as planned, the intention was to go to my muay thai class and then go for a run along the Thames. So I make a pact with RunHelenRun, a fellow Janathoner to get up just before 0600 to go to class, I drag myself out of bed after going to bed only four hours earlier, get ready and go to the gym.

Admittedly I'm feeling rather pleased I've got up when I could have lay in blah di blah. Anyway, time ticks away but no instructor, I head up to reception to be informed he has literally just called and cancelled. Instead of being annoyed, I don my running kit, crank up the adrenaline junkie mix and take myself for a brisk morning jog along the Thames, utterly fabulous.

I'm very much looking forward to the running challenges 2011 brings, particularly running daily in January. I've not quite figured out how much mileage I want to cover, I'll have a look at my training programme and decide in the next few days.

My first challenge will be to figure put how to add the Janathon logo to my blog, everything else will be easy in comparison I think!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to be of service. (I very nearly didnt get up though...!) :-P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting into London January should be ideal to build up your base mileage - good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you BB! I have been sick all of last month so took it easy today (well I was slow, it wasn't easy, I fess!!)

    RHR - We will have to do that again sometime!

    ReplyDelete