Tuesday 18 January 2011

Bloodclot!!!

Been having probs walking for past few days let alone anything else.  Saw doc yesterday afternoon who packed me off to A&E.  They thought I had a bloodclot.  Me?  I got called fit twice this morning by two different people and that was before I had even got up.  Admittedly they were both Drs and talking about my resting heart rate as opposed to my just got out of bed hair but I savoured the compliment still, haha.

Anyway, fortunately I don't have a bloodclot (I will never use the slang term ever again knowing how anxious I was last night, far too many painful memories).  Turns out I had swine flu a few weeks back which I mistakenly thought was a dodgy cold.  Doc said that due to being fit (again, see, must have been having a good hair day!) and healthy, my sh*t hot immune system effectively combated it mistaking me into thinking I had a snivelly cold.  For all those people out there I inadvertently effected, I am SOOO sorry!  Particularly if your immune system is not as on fire as mine.  Anyway, so basically, in the few weeks after the symptoms dwindle, they have found that some sufferers experience respiratory problems.  Basically, it feels like a weight on my chest and every now and again it contracts really tightly causing me to gasp for air. In addition to this, walking slowly and going up a flight of about six stairs leaves me panting.  I have been banned from any physical activity this week to see how it goes.  Plus I am glowing green as they injected radiation into me earlier today, no seriously, hahaha......

I was planning on sneaking in a few runs and training sessions but mummy dearest decided to come and keep an eye on me so I am clearly not going anywhere!  I am being forced to lie on the sofa, eat junk and perve over Bradley Cooper, oh and not feel guilty for not training.  Tough life but someone should do it I guess.

So fellow janathoners, I guess I'm bowing out gracefully, I'll be doing Febathon all by myself if you all fancy doing that unofficially?  I'll still sporadically update my blog, it is geared towards April 2012 anyway.

Right the A team are calling, happy running!!! xxxx

5 comments:

  1. I second... hope you're better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys, much appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oink oink oink. Wow. Seeya around the traps, and keep well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, thanks auswomble! I already have a new nickname at work - H1N1.... Sounds like R2D2 but clearly isn't... You know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete