Friday 21 January 2011

Cabin Fever and whales

It would have to be perfect glorious running weather when I am banished to the realms of the indoors.  Beautiful fresh morning air, barely a breeze, sun streaming through the trees, leaves swishing slowly in the wind.  Plus I have a new pair of running tights I want to start getting dirty.  Aaah, two more days of this and I should be back on it Monday.  My chest contractions yesterday were hardly there in comparison to the past few days so there is most certainly something to be said for this resting malarky, do NOT underestimate it!  I even walked up a flight of stairs yesterday without panting for breath!!

As a consolation, I have just entered the Bupa 10k run, I couldn't do it last year as it was a week after Edinburgh marathon and I think I needed a rest after doing the #kilomathon, #londonmarathon and #edinburghmarathon all within eight weeks (the trials and tribulations of those I shall save for another day...)

I love running in London, it's awesome.  There is so much history, so many beautiful landmarks, the Thames (note I didn't call that beautiful, haha) I still love being by the water though, it's so peaceful, albeit the Thames is full of lergies  That's why that poor whale died that got stranded in it, nothing to do with stress, nosirreee, poor thing got poisoned.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!  There are many times where I wake up and think 'I'm going to run to the river today'  Off I go, eight-ten miles later I mingle with the tourists for about five minutes, stretch off whilst watching the sun glisten off the water and then jump on the tube home all sweaty and smelly, haha.

Isn't it funny how you can tell what day of the week it is and the time of day by the people on the tube.  Here's an idea for a sociology student-gather a bunch of people, disorientate them so they have no idea what day it is.  Put them on the tube and see if they guess right!

Hmmm, well all being well I should be back out on Mon, my first day back at work after being in hospital so I shall be taking it very easy and will only do a wee little run methinks, over a couple of bridges and back.

Right, think I've waffled on a lot and not much about running, #feettothebeat in t - two days, whooop whoop!

Have a good day/weekend everyone, keep those hankies at the ready!!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling better, just read your post about swine flue, you have put my mind at rest. I was really bad with it before christmas and thought I was fully recovered. it has been really bothering me that I am getting out of breath so easily and am clutching my inhaler at all times. It all makes sense now. Good luck for your monday run

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to have been of assistance. Seriously though, rest up. I feel like a complete eurghhhh at the moment but I know as soon as I hit the Tarmac come Monday it'll be a distant memory. Feel better soon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with you I do miss running in the parks and lunch times along by the bridges

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are ever in town and want a short run for nostalgia's sake, give me a shout and I'll dust off the trainers!

    ReplyDelete