Saturday 1 January 2011

Not just another day, Janathon day!!

Hmmm, when I envisaged 01.01.2011, I envisaged waking up just before the sun rose, donning my running kit and heading to one of the highest points in London to watch the sun rise.  Did that happen?  Did it heck!


I strolled in at around 0530, the birdies were just getting into their morning chorus, I dived into bed thinking midday jog won't be so bad.  I woke up around 1600 hours!!  I thought ooooh let me just do a bit of online shopping as the sales finish on 3rd and these were all grown up things I needed and I wouldn't get an opportunity on 3rd and who knew what I'd be upto tomorrow (I was well behaved, got a desk chair, vacuum cleaner and kitchen unit - wooo so rock and roll me) I stayed away from the clothes and shoes, lead me not into temptation and all that....


So I digress, after this I got it into my head to strip the paint off the bedroom door as I have been meaning to do this for a while and don't have a door at the moment!  I figured once I've done that I will go for a 6 miler.  Anyway, time was lost somewhere, door got stripped, had 'breakfast' around 2000 and then I thought I'd have a quick lay down on the sofa.  Yeah, me and my great ideas, not...


So time is a ticking, I'm thinking sssssshhhhhhheeeeet, I got four hours left (It was 2100 by now) and I sure as heck do not want to go around 2330 for a run but I cannot muck up Janathon on the first day!


Sooooo, I thought quick one round the block, lost my earphones too which is a huge no no.  Used some dodgy broken ones which made it sound as if I was listening to music under the water, you had to laugh, Beyonce's Sweet Dreams will never sound the same again!


Anyway!  I've just noticed I have started the last three paragraphs with the same word, my english teacher would have a heart attack. I'd change them but then this sentence would not make sense and I am not deleting it as I just typed it all out!!!  I went for a quicky around the block, felt good!  Could feel I need to build the miles up as the blood slowly began to pump around my body.  I look forward to seeing how much I have improved in 30 days time.


Oh and one other thing, I have been inspired by #2011miles, I'm going to run 1000 miles this year, arghhh!  Just done two, 998 to go!!!


Runny nose -o-meter:  8
Distance: 1.7 m
Duration: 19.06 min


Mmmm, think that's me til tomorrow now.  It'll be another short one as my spare working earphones are at work and I'm not trekking there tomorrow for them!

4 comments:

  1. Lol! Brilliant blog! I'm very impressed you went out... after a day like that, i'd have easily talked myself out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Let's see what dramas tomorrow brings in the land of hanky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it out, and glad you've been inspired by our plans -- all the more reason for us to go out and fulfil them!

    If at the end of January you feel that 1000 miles is going to be easy, there are a few Janathoners doing 2011km (about 1250 miles) - it'll definitely be worth keeping in touch on Twitter...

    Cheers!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jules, I shall see how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete